Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cooking for Baby

For any Moms-to-be or Moms with little ones just starting to get into eating solids, I just wanted to take some time to discuss how EASY, ECONOMICAL & HEALTHY it is to puree your baby's food yourself! In a couple hours' time, you can prepare a healthy variety of food for baby for the course of 2-4 weeks! Everything from cauliflower, beans, pears and kiwi ~ and I'm telling you again - IT'S EASY (not to mention you'll feel SO good about saving the money, and preparing the healthiest food for your baby!)!

All you need is a stove, pot, mini food processor, some ice cube trays, a freezer, and voila! ~ instant baby food! I highly recommend the "Super Baby Food" cook book for a whole plethora of wonderful recipes for those starting out. And if you have a bit more time, or want to later work in some herbs and a more varietal palette for your baby, I also recommend the "Cooking for Baby" book from Williams-Sonoma/Pottery Barn Kids. They come chock-full of recipes and how-to's, according to what a child can eat at a certain age, how to prepare, how to watch for allergies, etcetera. They're fantastic! I would highly advise reading the books for exactly how to prepare, but trust me when I say, "If I can do it, you can do it!" It really is just some steaming, pureeing, freezing & thawing. That's it.

For those of you with some spare cash on hand, or who simply don't want to take the time to cook the food yourself, you can always purchase the "Babycook Babyfood Maker" from Beaba. It does everything from defrosting, reheating, cooking, & pureeing the food, not to mention it is BPA-free and preserves the vitamins & flavors! I think if and when we try for another child, I might save up for this one (it will run you about $150.00)!