Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Reindeer Food {Recipe}

Ahhh, the traditions of Christmas.  I simply love them.  From our Snow Village to baking and leaving milk and cookies for Santa, I go ga-ga when it comes to the holidays!

I'm sure most of you have your own family traditions, as well, and I would imagine that most of you with little ones also leave milk & cookies for Santa.  But what about his reindeer?  This year, I discovered that there is something to leave for the reindeer on Christmas Eve, too!  And this is such a great tradition to start with young children.  I can't help but think it's perfect, as I realized how much my 3 year old is getting into the spirit of Christmas already.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, he finally actually wanted to see Santa this year...and even noticed that his reindeer weren't with him.  Hmmmm...



So, here it is: the recipe for the special reindeer food to sprinkle on your lawn Christmas Eve night!  As legend has it, the smell of the oats and the sparkle of the glitter will lead Dasher, Dancer et. al right to your chimney {or, as in our case, doorstep!}!  Enjoy and happy "baking" with your little ones!!

Rudolph's Favorite Snack
1/2 Cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup red or green sugar crystals {as used for baking ~ I've also seen recipes with glitter, but it is advised NOT to use glitter, as it can be toxic to birds and other wildlife that might snatch it up!}


Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at adamsblankie@gmail.com
www.adamsblankie.com
www.gourmetplay.etsy.com