Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Monday, March 22, 2010

{Altered Couture}

I have been SO inspired by the magazine, Altered Couture, that I've decided I'm going to start using some of this inspiration to make some "new" clothing! No, not for me {at least, for the time-being}, but instead for our baby girl! There are just so many options for girls' clothing that just are simply not available for boys {e.g., ruffles, lace, pleats, eyelets, ribbons, bows, flowers, etcetera!}, so the sky is the limit, and I'm so stoked about getting started and into the "girly world" for a change!

As soon as I get some items done, I'll show them to you, so that you know what I'm talking about. I'm not sure, at this point, if such clothing pieces will eventually become part of the Adam's Blankie or Haute Tot Couture lines, though...we'll see how it goes. Any requests?!?

"Altered Couture is a 160-page publication dedicated to altered and embellished clothing and accessories. It is filled with gorgeous photographs of altered jackets, t-shirts, sweaters, jeans, skirts, and more, accompanied by easy-to-understand techniques and endless inspiration. You'll find new ways to transform your own garments and accessories into fabulous works of wearable art. Now you don’t have to throw your clothes away! Altered Couture will show you creative ideas on how you can add a twist to your attire with just a few resources: dyes, paints, bleach, rubber stamps, threads, buttons, beads, and more!" ~www.alteredcouturemagazine.com

Happy altering!


Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at adamsblankie@gmail.com
www.adamsblankie.etsy.com
www.gourmetplay.etsy.com