Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Mommyhood-ism #3: I'll Take Mine with a Side of Guilt, Please.

Well, maybe "please" isn't the right word here.  But Mommyhood definitely IS ordered with a side of guilt!  If you've been a Mom for probably, ohhhhhhh, a few mere seconds, you already are starting to realize this!!

I'm not sure why this is, but it most truly is.  From the moment we first get our precious baby in our arms and try to sleep that first night, we get a pang of guilt.  At first, it's because we just want to sleep, but this new being is demanding we feed them seemingly all the time {equals guilt}. Then, we simply must do the dishes and can't pick little Joey up every time he cries {equals guilt}.  Fast forward a few more months, and we are trying to cook dinner and little Joey is now upset because we can't continually play with him {equals guilt}. Now little Joey wants "Toy X," and we can't afford it {equals, yup, you guessed it: more guilt}.

Do you see where I'm going with this?  And I hate to be the bearer of {more} bad news, but according to my mom {who has 4 children in their 30s and 40s}, this only persists.  Whaaaaaaaaaaat?  You've GOT to be kidding me!  What a cruel joke to play on mothers!!

But, alas.  T'is true.  So I tell you this not to make you feel bad, but just to let you know THAT IT'S NORMAL!  Every Mom feels this, and if they say they don't, well then, they're lying!!  My remedy for it?  Join a playgroup and vent with other Moms who are going through those very same trials you are!  I promise ~ you'll feel better!!

Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at adamsblankie@gmail.com
www.adamsblankie.com
www.gourmetplay.etsy.com