Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Party Preparation {Baby K's 1st Birthday!!}

Yep, I've already started preparing for Baby K's birthday party.  Can you believe it's already been a year?  Seems like just yesterday I was complaining to you all about her being overdue and being scheduled for induction at the hosiptal!  Whew! Time flies!

I have had SUCH a blast getting geared up for the Big Day!  I debated over themes {considered the vintage circus, bumblebees, ladybugs and candy}, but ultimately landed on an ever-girly Fairy & Butterfly Garden-themed party!

I had my friend Christy, from CHDesign Studio, design my paper graphics - from the cupcake toppers and invitations to labels for food and Thank You's! {Thanks, Christy!!}  I'm going with fun, bright, summery pops of color in reds, pinks, yellows, oranges & greens!

As a special addition to some of the cupcakes, I'm using this tutorial from The TomKat Studio to construct mini cupcake stands.  I was so excited when I found these because I had been looking for a sophisticated cupcake stand and never found one!  And with these at about $2 each {mine were a bit more expensive than hers because I used a thicker base so that I could attach the ribbon around the rim of it}, you can't go wrong!  TIP: I thought about mod-podging some paper to the tops, but I decided to leave them white and just tape papers to the top so that I can interchange papers for different parties.

Soooo....there will be plenty more pictures to follow once the actual party takes place...but for now, I'll leave you with some "teaser" pictures of what's yet to come ~ enjoy!









Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at adamsblankie@gmail.com
www.adamsblankie.com
www.gourmetplay.etsy.com

1 comments:

dancilhoney said...

I also agree with idea that you should set your budget first, and then try to fit everything into that budget. Birthday Party Checklist