Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Give to Bless {{Kate McRaw}}

It is a story of heartache.  Of compassion.  Of strength, courage, hope and faith.

I'm sure many of you are already aware of this story of which I tell....of sweet Kate McRae, a 7 year-old girl who has been battling an aggressive, malignant brain tumor for over 2 years now.  Millions of people from all across the world know Kate.  You may have even seen her on the Dr. Phil show, or perhaps are one of the millions of people who diligently follow her caring bridge page.

I have personally known the McRae's for a few years now, as we attended the same church and share mutual friends.  So when I first found out about Kate's diagnosis, I wanted to help, like so many of us do!  I prayed. And cried.  And brought a meal to her family, and then a blanket for Kate.  But ultimately, I felt that wasn't enough.  I wanted to do something special for her.  Something that would honor her and her courageous battle against cancer.  Something that would empower her to keep winning that battle.  Something that would inspire & encourage us to live with such aspirations and faith as Kate does each and every day.  Something that would remind us to PRAY for her, and to have FAITH that she WILL beat this cancer!  And, so one day it dawned on me....

For a few months now, I've been working with Kate to create a headband.  Not just any headband.  But one made with her instruction alone.  It is a headband made with her favorite textures and colors (pink and yellow).  It is the one she chose from a few samples I made based on her instruction.  And it is aptly named, "The Kate," in her honor.

I am so honored to announce that this headband will be available for purchase ($30) from adam's blankie, and that half of the proceeds from each sale will go directly to the McRae family to support them!!  Visit our site to purchase there, OR send a paypal payment of $32.50 {includes shipping} as a "gift" to adamsblankie@gmail.com. When you purchase, please be sure to leave the age of the wearer for the headband {0-3 months, 3-6 months, 3yo, adult, etcetera}.

Below you'll find images of Kate in "The Kate" headband. These were taken just a week ago by my dear friends Jessica & Jason Williams of Session Nine Photography.  You can also visit their blog to read about this recent photo shoot with the McRae family.


 
Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at adamsblankie@gmail.com
www.adamsblankie.com