Earn FREE HAIR COUTURE by hosting a home OR virtual Adam's Blankie party! Email adamsblankie@gmail.com for details!!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Cinnamon Vanilla Snack Mix

One of my girlfriends {thanks, Beth!} told me about this recipe, and upon hearing it, I just knew I had to make it!  And with my other pregnant friend coming into town this week, I thought I better hurry up and make. it. NOW! I'll tell you right off, it's certainly not the healthiest thing to eat, but every once in a while, I think you can do it.  Plus, it's the perfect movie companion.

So upon making and tasting it, the verdict is in, and it's deeeee-licious!  It's super easy, too, and doesn't take much time at all {although you must be patient and let it dry a bit at the end}.  Better yet, the kids can help!  With the perfect mix of sweet, salty, smooth, crunchy and a hint of spice, it's a winner all around.  So go ahead ~ give it a try!  I promise you won't be disappointed!





Cinnamon Vanilla Snack Mix
1 bag of pretzel sticks
1 bag of popped plain popcorn
1 bag of Fritos
Peanuts (the original recipe didn't call for these, but I thought it would be a great addition - it was!)
1 bag of Vanilla Candy Coating (or almond bark..heck, even a bag of chocolate (or any flavor you like) chips would work)
cinnamon

1. Lay out a couple pieces of wax paper on your countertop.

2. Put your Fritos (I used about 1/2-2/3 of a bag), popcorn, pretzel sticks (again, about 1/2-2/3 of the bag) in a large mixing bowl OR brown paper bag.  Toss around.

3. Melt the coating.*

*I used the double boiler method because I think there's less of a risk to burn it, plus I always like to use the stove instead of microwave, if I can.  As I've mentioned before in some recipes I've posted, you don't actually need a "double boiler" to do this.  Do as I do, and fill up a pot with water.  Find a glass bowl that fits in it, but won't fall through all the way.  Put your candy in this and turn up the heat on the burner - say medium-high.  Continually stir until it melts.

4. Pour the melted candy coating over the mix of popcorn, chips and pretzels.  Toss around to coat (using a big wooden spatula works well for this).  OR you can pour it over your chip mixture in the big brown bag and shake around to coat.

5. Pour it all out onto the wax paper. Spread it out evenly.

6. Sprinkle cinnamon over it all - do so pretty liberally.

7.  Let dry about 25 - 30 minutes.

Mmmmmmmm................so good! :)  Now just enjoy it with your kids, your husband or some girlfriends.  Hmmm...I think this might make another feature at our first Girls'  Craft Night coming up soon! :)

Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at adamsblankie@gmail.com
www.adamsblankie.com